The Carpenters Shop was also built in 1860 and is situated between the Saw Mill and Smithy Shop. All kinds of furniture and fittings are made here for the offices around the Works and stations on the LNWR lines. It was powered by electric and had relevant machines like planeing machines, jig saws, shaping, tenoning, moulding, mortising machines, and lathes for general work. There is a raised platform that runs the lengh of the shop which is reached by a flight of steps, under which desks and other furniture are stored. There is also a pattern room, all patterning required in the Works is done in the room.