The works messroom was built in 1871 and was a large 2 story building with a single pitch room. In 1880 the messroom was enlarged and became a 3 story two gabled building which could seat 2000 men for dinner. Each man had his own number the men were seated on the upper floors and the ladies where seated on the ground floor.
Through the years the messroom/canteen was used to hold events like parties, shows etc. The canteen also had the biggest stage in Wolverton inside it. Sadly in the 1990s the messroom was also home to the B R S A in 1975 when they reopen their club after they vacated the bar they had in the old time office building in 1972.