Monthly Archives: March 2011

The Works Iron Foundry

The original Iron Foundry was placed in the south west corner of the original engine shed. In its early years it may not have been used much. But when the carriage and wagon building started the foundry was used more … Continue reading

Posted in Living Archive | Leave a comment

General Offices

In 1879 the gas works on gas street was relocated to the south and the old gas works and holder were demolished.  The site was redeveloped as the general office block for the works. It was a very large building with two … Continue reading

Posted in Heritage, Living Archive, Wolverton, Wolverton Works | 2 Comments