The Omnibus Shop is sited on the south side of the east repair shop. This shop was for the construction and repair of all light road vehicles. Here five shops are under the one roof. All vehicles coming into are cleaned and loaded onto trucks ready for sending .
A portion is enclosed for smithy work it contains 2 forges, one to deal with light repair of wheels and tyres and codes. Number 2 is used for the construction and repairs of the vehicles the shop contains electrically driven machines for making and repainting wheels for road vehicles and a power press for forcing on tyres and a circular saw. Number 3 shop is where the trimming and finishing was done prior to leaving the works and this shop contained a small trimming shop fitters benches, electric drills, spare lamps for parcel carts. Number 4 shop maybe turned paint shop. The vehicles are painted and written here in part ofd this shop is a room used exclusively for written on and embossing and heraldic painting. Number 5 shop is used as a store room for spare vehicles, all vehicles are in a finished condition ready to replace other coming into the works for repair. In the mid 1920s all activities of the Omnibus shop shop moved into the west paint shop and the trimming shop moved into the empty shop from the reading room.
In 1948 this shop was destroyed by a big fire but the shop was quickly rebuilt. The trimming closed some time after 1988 and the shop was empty and waiting to be demolished but now in 2011 it’s the wheel control zone shop.